Oster 78004 Powermax 2-Speed Clipper Review
Pet grooming is a chore that is as polarizing as getting a pet itself. It can be one of the most rewarding jobs there is if done right and when using the proper tools. However, it can be an absolute nightmare if you somehow manage to do it wrong. This is why grooming aids are commonplace on the market. They can help you become a more efficient groomer as well as help you save money from those grooming bills. Oster is one of the best producers of pet grooming tools, and the Oster 78004 Powermax 2-Speed Clippers may just be one of the better clippers that they have made yet. So, is this product worth it? We will see.
Where Can I Get A Good Discount?
Before we get into features, we found the best price for these clippers on Amazon.com (check current discounted price with free shipping). There are plenty more user reviews to read as well.
Features of the Oster Powermax 2-Speed Clippers
- One of the first things that you would observe with this clipper (and one of its best traits too) is that it feels light. In fact, it is indeed light. Weighing in at just above 1 pound, it is at least 20 percent lighter than most of the clippers around. But don’t be fooled. Despite it being lightweight, it is guaranteed to pack a punch and take on tough grooming jobs that you have lined up for it.
- This clipper is equipped with a magnetic rotary motor that allows the Oster Powermax 2-Speed Clipper to cut at speeds of up to 4200 strokes per minute.
- It is capable of cutting at 2 different speeds: 3700 strokes per minute and 4200 strokes per minute, depending on the speed that you have triggered.
- It’s also designed to perform quietly, allowing you to groom your pet without scaring them.
- It is also made to be compatible with all A5 blades.
- The Cryogen-X silver ion coated blades prevent contamination of molds and bacteria.
- It comes with a rubberized and contoured grip so it won’t be easy to drop or let go of it.
User Reviews of the Oster Powermax 2-Speed Clippers
There are varying reviews for this Oster product, but most owners do recommend it for others that are considering buying one. The biggest compliment that it received is that it does everything that you expect from a professional grade clipper at a fraction of its weight. In fact, for some of its users, this is the ideal clipper. Regardless of the speed you’re using on the clippers, it cuts very quietly and still gets the job done pretty efficiently. Together with interchangeable cutters, you can customize your grooming even further. The biggest weakness for this clipper is that it was reported to have a tendency to break down quickly. While the reasons are not known, this could be this clipper’s biggest stumbling block. Also, it has a tendency to build up heat during prolonged use. Although, these comments weren’t mentioned by many of the users who were happy with it.
However, with all things considered, the Oster Powermax 2-Speed Clipper is one of the best performing dog clippers that you can have. We feel absolutely comfortable in recommending these clippers to take care of your dog grooming needs.
Back To Read More Reviews: Dog Grooming Clippers
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!